CICS V5 Advanced Application Development for SOA and Web Services
This advanced course teaches you how to design, code, test, and debug CICS application programs that use the CICS web services features in CICS Transaction Server V5.
The content of this course is applicable to the entire family of CICS products and is primarily directed toward application developers who are interested in implementing CICS web services. Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and extensive hands-on exercises in COBOL, you learn how to create, test, and debug CICS web services. The course covers topics such as creating and implementing CICS applications as web services and implanting security measures in CICS for web services applications.
- Enable CICS applications to use web services from external providers
- Build web services provider or requester applications in CICS
- Use Rational Developer for System z to consume WSDL files, test CICS web services provider applications, and create CICS web services requester applications
- Describe the CICS Service Flow Modeler feature and its function within an SOA
- Use Rational Developer for System z to create a converter program and a WSBind file for use with CICS web services provider applications
- Use Rational Developer for System z to create top-down, bottom-up, and meet-in-the-middle web services
- Map and transform XML application data to language structures and language structures to XML data
- Describe pipeline processing and develop and test a message handler program
- Incorporate the appropriate security mechanisms in CICS for web services applications
- Describe how Java is used with web services
- Explain how a provider-mode and requester-mode Axis2 web service is used and deployed
- Describe how CICS applications can communicate by using the Request and Response processing capability of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) V1.1
- Describe how to use CICS support features for the HTTP V1.1 specification, including chunked transfer-coding, pipelining, and persistent connections
- Describe the service interfaces for HTTP processing, CICS Transaction Gateway, Cross Memory, WebSphere MQ, REST, Liberty Profile, JSON, and the Mobile Feature Pack and Service Component Architecture (SCA)
This advanced course is designed for application developers and analysts who need to design, implement, and debug CICS web services in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment.
You should have:
- Working knowledge of the underlying operating system platforms
- Basic knowledge of CICS fundamentals
- COBOL or PL/I application development and coding skills
- Basic knowledge of application design and programming